We are NOT accepting new volunteers at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are updating our policies for volunteering, and are getting caught up on all the applications we have currently. Thank you for the support and understanding! Please check back in the future.
Volunteers work along our staff helping to care for our animals. Without the help of volunteers, the shelter wouldn’t be able help over 1,000 homeless and unwanted pets each year.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Dog Interaction – walking, grooming & socializing dogs.
- Cat Care – cleaning cages, grooming, socializing & organizing cat room.
- Foster Care – provide a temporary home for an animal recovering from medical trauma, pregnant moms, moms & newborns, orphans, seniors or under-socialized pets. Learn more information about fostering. To become a foster, download the Foster Application.
- Grounds keeping – gardening, weeding & maintaining walking path.
- Maintenance – basic repairs, painting & carpentry.
- Pet Photography – take pictures of animals for ID cards & website.
- People 4 Paws – volunteer at events and share information about South Wood County Humane Society with networks.
- Animal Transporter – driving animals to off site locations.