Applications for volunteers are closed until January. They will reopen then.
The South Wood County Humane Society relies on its wonderful volunteers to assist with the care of our animals and to support our staff.
- Your commitment of a minimum of 4 hours a month for at least 6 consecutive months
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older per insurance policy
- Pass a standard background check
- Enjoy caring for, cleaning after, and interacting with animals… and some humans
- If you have a special human skill that you think the SWCHS could benefit from, please add it to your application
Fill out a Volunteer Application here, today!
Fostering means temporarily caring for an animal until they can be placed with their “fur-ever” family. SWCHS relies on foster families to care for expectant moms, newborns, and seniors. Fostering provides numerous benefits to the animals, SWCHS, and to the families that foster. If you are interested in changing an animal’s future, please fill out a Foster Application.
- Save Lives – Without fostering, many animals simply could not survive. Fostering is a blessing for expectant moms, newborns, pets recovering from medical procedures, and senior pets that struggle to adapt to kennel life.
- More Adoptable Pets – Pets learn important skills such as leash training, housebreaking, and basic good behavior. These skills are attractive to potential adopters and can help place a wonderful pet with their furever home faster.
- Make a Better Match – Foster families get to know their pet better than anyone else and have a say in the adoption. A good match between adopter and pet is the best chance the pet has at finding the perfect furever family.
Sponsor an Event
We are always looking for new corporate sponsors. Consider supporting SWCHS pets through sponsoring a fundraising event.
As a business owner, there are many ways you can help. Supporting SWCHS helps you reach new customers, engage with the local community, and increase awareness of our mission.
Your contribution ensures that the proceeds generated by the event directly support all of our pets and staff at our facility.
Email our Office Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a meeting to discuss further.