Animal Care Manager
The Animal Care Manager oversees the activities associated with animal welfare including intake, ongoing care and outgo exams and adoption process. They are responsible for maintaining all animal health and medical care operations in accordance with shelter medicine standards and applicable state rules and regulations. They oversee the direct care staff in coordination with the Executive Director. They are responsible for all documentation and record keeping related to animal care. Previous experience in Animal Shelter Care required.
For a complete Job Description submit a Cover Letter and resume,
3621 64th St. N.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
Animal Care Technician
Job Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Position Type: Part Time
Education Level: High School
Job Shift: Flexible
Job Category: Other
Are you a passionate animal lover looking for a rewarding career? The South Wood County Humane Society has an opportunity for a reliable, professional, compassionate, and well-organized individual to join our family as a part-time Animal Care Technician, working weekdays, every other weekend shift and some holidays.
- Minimize disease transmission by staying current on and adhering to animal care cleaning guidelines
- Ensure excellent customer service focused on maintaining and improving relationships in all aspects of our client-related work
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness of all animal kennels while balancing the efficiency needed to care for a high volume of animals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of shelter length of stay
- Ensure animals are provided with food, water, enrichment, and other daily needs
- Ensure health of animals by performing intake procedures and following established procedures for follow-up care needed
- Demonstrate safe and appropriate animal handling at all times.
- Provide support to the veterinary and behavior departments by administering treatments and assisting in assessments as needed
- Promote and model positive interpersonal communication and relationship building internally and externally.
- Assist in facility maintenance by overseeing special cleaning projects
- Maintain proper opening and closing procedures for the department
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Formal animal care experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Flexible, positive approach to challenges
- Availability to work evenings, a weekend shift and holidays
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Candidates must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must be committed to treating animals and humans with kindness and respect
To apply for this position, please stop by the shelter during open hours and complete our employment application . Same day application will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The South Wood County Humane Society believes in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. SWCHS’s success depends on the effective utilization of qualified people regardless of the age, race, creed, color, disability, marital status, veteran status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual preference, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.