The Humane Society is currently hiring for the following position:
Front Office Coordinator
Classifications: Full Time, Hourly position, Reports to the Executive Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Front Office Coordinator’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide Exemplary day-to-day customer service at the shelter to visitors, adopters, volunteers, and donors. Maintain neat and organized front desk and lobby area.
- Posses the ability to thrive in often highly emotional and stressful situations and to remain calm and courteous to customers, volunteers, and co-workers at all times.
- Answer telephone promptly and professionally. Handle questions from the public on the phone or in-person. Relay messages to key shelter staff, as necessary.
- Respond to all emails and messages promptly that are received by general inbox or social media.
- Receive adoption, foster, and volunteer applications and begin initial approval process.
- Communicate with clients on status of application.
- Send approved applications to the appropriate people.
- Enter and update PetFinder account with animals available for adoption.
- Enter adoptions and fosters into PetPoint computer system.
- Maintain lost/found feline and canine missing pet reports. Update reports with finders/owners.
- Accept in-kind or monetary donations from public, update Square operations, and handle nightly deposits.
- Collect and sort shelter mail and handle or distribute as needed.
- Maintain animal surrender list and work with appropriate staff to schedule appointments as kennel space allows.
- Maintain shelter’s social media presence.
- Send monthly thank you letters to donors.
- Oversee the creation and restocking of animal adoption packets and animal intake folders by volunteers. Alert supervisor when supplies need to be reordered.
- Work with volunteers to maintain thank you, memorial, and honorarium list for quarterly newsletter.
- Order Red Dingo Pet ID tags upon customer request.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Six months to one-year prior customer service work experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and have experience working in high stress and high traffic flow environments.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to complete paperwork accurately and legibly.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends and evenings.
- Proficiently with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, able to learn other software programs as necessary.
- Understanding of retail and cash handling operations is a plus.
- Proficiency across multiple social media platforms is a plus.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter addressed to South Wood County Humane Society and a resume of their qualifications to email@example.com. Only applications received by April 20th, 2018 will be considered.