The Humane Society is currently hiring for the following positions:
Classifications: Full Time, Exempt Position, Reporting to the Board of Directors
Job Summary: The Executive Director will plan, organize, and develop programs that meet the objectives of South Wood County Humane Society and seek opportunities to improve services and direct the day-to-day operations of the shelter. The Executive Director will oversee all aspects of Animal Care, Personnel Management, and Financial Management as well as upholding the shelter’s mission, vision, and values. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The Executive Director will be the shelter’s visible spokesperson and will have a unique opportunity to positively influence the community.
Responsibilities and Duties: The Executive Director’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Personnel Management
- Oversees all employees and volunteers including hiring, scheduling, conducting performance evaluations, and releasing.
- Oversees programs with other organizations in the community.
- Maintain operation manual and employee handbook.
- Work with Pet Care Coordinator regarding animal health issues, animal transport and euthanasia; assist with pet exemptions.
- Shelter operations
- Ensure exceptional customer service at shelter facility and oversee all maintenance.
- Oversee ordering of supplies and medicines for facility and manage retail inventory.
- Maintain documents and procedures to align with industry standards including Koret Shelter Medicine, Department of Agriculture and DEA controlled substance regulations.
- Financial Management
- Oversee employee payroll.
- Maintain accounting of expenses and income and payment of quarterly sales tax.
- Development of and responsibility for an annual operating budget.
- Oversee yearly governmental contracts while maintaining and fostering relationships with Wood County municipalities.
- Serve as liaison to Board of Directors
- Prepare monthly reports to Board of Directors on shelter intake and adoption numbers plus other pertinent information for dissemination at Board of Directors meetings.
- Development of an annual report with Board of Directors.
- Fundraising and pet adoption events
- Responsible for grant writing, donation solicitation, and coordination of smaller fundraisers, including Vaccine & Microchip Clinic & Membership Drive.
- Is a member of all fundraising committees; working closely with the Board of Directors on each committee, manage all marketing efforts, handle PR, and serve as event emcee.
- Community outreach and public relations
- Participate in weekly radio spot highlighting shelter .
- Create and distribute quarterly SWCHS newsletter.
- Manage and expand educational and volunteer programs.
- Manages Friends group including scheduling meetings, creating agendas, sending meeting reminders, and distributing meeting minutes.
- Oversee SWCHS mailing list and thank you letters to donators.
- Foster good relationships with local veterinarians and animal related businesses as well as local newspapers and other community organizations.
- Manage online marketing including social media, email distribution, and shelter website updates.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business Administration or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to the immediate or unforeseen challenges.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Superb computer skills, particularly MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated proficiency across multiple social media platforms.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong public speaking skills.
The Board of Directors has assigned a committee to review all submissions. Interested applicants should email all documents listed below, prior to March 30, 2018, for employment consideration to email@example.com.
- Resume of Qualifications/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter addressed to: SWCHS Board of Directors.
- Salary Requirements
- Three (3) professional references